Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Group Sex Behind the Wild Irises

Not actually.

Just resorting to cheap tactics to get you back to my blog. I mean it's been the longest time, while I was in my confinement with novelitus. I'm in remission right now. But I hear that the condition has a slow recovery rate and that there are frequent relapses.


At the moment, while I leave my twisted plot to untangle itself, I'm favouring really short swift stories. Like this one:

"I will love you forever," he said to her.
"Don't love me forever. Just love me now." She smiled into his brown eyes. They flicked away.
"Ok. In a minute. I've just got the kettle on."




So, I'm on holiday now. Its been quite a decade, has it not? It deserves a moment of pause. I'm not making New Year resolutions. The last month or two has seen me running, doing yoga, visiting the gym regularly, writing daily. Saying No where required. I wouldn't want to mess all that up with a good intention.

I'm just pottering around the garden, doing some filing, chucking out old clutter and leaving the laptop shut. Leaving the muses to frolic, behind the waterfall curtain. Behind the wild irises.

Happy new decade everyone!

9 comments:

The Bug said...

Well. NOW I know where those pesky muses are when I need them :)

Lori ann said...

Happy New Year Tam! clearing out old clutter is the best intention anyway, enjoy your holidayfrolicking.

family affairs said...

and to you darlin' - slightly disappointed there's nothing about group sex but oh well, I'll be back to read your blog anyday whatever you write about ... HNY to you too Lxxx

Janelle said...

yes but did the plastic sheet go underneath the wood stepping stones? and have you done your pretty tiling yet? HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLIN'! XXX j

Anonymous said...

Tamara, enjoying a little Insight into your writers life. In agreement on the new years resolution thing..... As for word counts, checking them can be a full time job! Blasting in from the past .... Destination unknown.... Happy new year - fidelma xxx

Anonymous said...

Lured in with cheap tricks!

Here's to a stupendous next decade.
xx

Spiny Marshmallow said...

That's funny Tam - I liked reading that. Sounds like your non- resolutions are pretty adequate anyway. Have a great time away in the hills, and the best year ahead.

Shiny said...

Oh funny, I was all aflutter with the thought of a fabulously blushing iris story!

happy, happy to you too xx

Anonymous said...

Lured like the rest but with the thought at least some people are getting it!

Your story covers my attention span most of the time these days
Thank You

:o)