Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kreativ silence

I haven't much felt the urge to post here lately. There's been a lot happening in my neck of the Egoli woods, and something had to give.

Then a recent post of Mud's jolted me out of my complacency and I remembered that I have some bloggiquette that I must pay attention to.

Dear Val of Monkeys on the Roof gave me this at a time when I ws too rushed to acknowledge it properly. And besides, it had rules attached and rules make me procrastinate. This has been sitting in my drafts folder for a couple of weeks. Oh, I haven't been online much. I've been teaching, or in rehearsals, or in the car... and when I do get screentime my inbox is like a clogged gutter. Ok enough with the excuses.

Thank you Val, I humbly accept and will pass it on to those bloggers I regularly read and love - sorry if they have already received it.

The award is the Kreativ Blogger award and the rules are:


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thank you Val, I wasn't really ignoring you.)

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Ok. 7 things about me.
1. This year, I teach design and drawing to a group of first year students at Wits University. I love them and they love me and we have a three times a week great relationship. I also supervise post-graduate research essays and that's damn hard work. I don't know if I will be doing this next year. I haven't decided yet.
2. I try to dedicate Tuesdays and Fridays to writing. That means fiction. That means in theory the day belongs solely to me. Sometimes I get it right. Sometimes I get co-opted into income-generation activities, and I find it very hard to switch in and out of fictional worlds. I need long debriefing sessions, and long psyche-up sessions. Perhaps this is why I have several unfinished fiction projects.
3. I have a fascination with Atlantis. As a real place, as a metaphor and as some kind of memory. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that places I lived as a child no longer exist - they were swallowed up by a meandering river.
4. I have an elephant spirit who visits me in my dreams. I cannot explain the exchanges we have, but they are profound.
5. One day I will build a ceramic house and glaze it on the inside. I read that you can do this - a clever man called Nader Khalili has developed a technique called super adobe. This gets my motor racing.
6. I plan my life around Mercury Retrogrades
7. I am not as credulous and new-agey as I may sound. I believe that certain things like the influence of Mercury, angels, higher selves and whirling chakras have a plausible explanation, and just because we haven't been able to 'prove' it yet doesn't mean its not real. (but don't get me started, coz with the exception of Reya, you will all think I'm nutsos)



7 Kreativ bloggers:
Miranda my sister of the Times of Miranda who is a very kreativ lass
Chimera of Holey Vision who can make you roar with laughter while breaking your heart
Shiny of Almost Thirty Three to whom we must be very grateful because she writes the important letters that we never get around to writing
Tessa of the Aerial Armadillo (of course she already has it, because she is a supremely kreatiff and luminous soul, but hey, now she has it again)
Fush of Fush and Chips (I don't think he's the award type, but I don't mind if he takes it and runs or ignores it. His words and his mix tapes are proof that four years at a certain university did not blast all the kreatiffity out of him)
Reya of After the Gold Puppy, who is part of the mystery.
Siren Voices - fantastically written stories about scenes you don't want to witness first hand.

I also had another one from Val some time back - this little mermaid.
And, wasn't there also one from Miranda some months back? See? I'm a shocker. No manners. I do however greatly appreciate the recognition, so thanks Val, Miranda.

And I will break the silence soon.

6 comments:

Val said...

well done Tam - so you didnt do these straight off cos you actually have a life?? hehe. I think its fine to keep these in the cupboard or under the bed until such time as they tumble out and you pack them and pass them on - they are well deserved anyhow xx

Reya Mellicker said...

First: thank you for the award. Sincerely! Wow. You know coming from you it means a lot.

Next: I love your list of seven things. Love the idea of the ceramic house. That would be a beautiful place to live, it seems to me. Good feng shui.

Would love to hear more about the elephant spirit, if you can ever come up with language to describe any part of it. When I look at pics of them (like Miranda's pics of the elephants in the rain, or Janelle's pics) I wonder what they're like, what is their energy like. I've seen elephants in zoos (I HATE ZOOS!) but I doubt seriously that their energy in jail is authentic. So I would love to hear more.

I, too, am NOT new age. I think angels and ghosts and all the other invisibles are also part of the natural world. Science is the contemporary religion of my society. We only "believe" what science tells us can be proven, which is a pretty thin slice of the world.

My my I do go on, don't I?

xx

Val said...

hey Tam - i left a comment and it vanished?? enjoyed reading your seven things - gawd no wonder you took a while to get these awards out of the cupboard :-) those ceramic houses sound cool (in both senses) always love your blog! xx

Miranda said...

gee wow thanks sis! I'm on it.

But more please, we miss your words

Chimera said...

Thank you very much lovely Tam. I will do my best to play it forward. very tired today. Hard things happening BUT my goodness I love doing the MA! You would love it too! More soon,
T xxxx

Shiny said...

Aaah, thank you! It's my first award ever and now I feel like puffing my chest out like a Sub A kid with a gold star on her forehead. Love the sound of the elephant spirit too x